We are glad to announce that SamsonPLAB ACADEMY will be conducting a revision course for the National PA OSCE exam.
This is a 7-day programme that consists of a 5 day Basic revision course followed by 2 days of PA OSCE mock tests.
A lot of effort has been put into working out the content of the course and we believe that this programme will help you pass the PA national OSCE exam in your FIRST attempt.
We thank all the PAs that have shared their experience in creating the first most comprehensive PA OSCE revision course in the UK. This course will help you be confident in detecting the common pathologies.
The course will be taught by the most experience OSCE tutor, Dr Samson.
Facilities: After attending our PA OSCE course, you will be allowed to come and use the premises for practice until your exam.
NEXT COURSE DATES:
Date: 13th -17th January 2018
13th January 2018
- Common Information gathering (history taking) scenarios in pychiatry, obs and gyn, medicine, surgery and paediatrics.
- Explaining (giving information) scenarios (Scopes such as Bronchoscopy, endoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, cystoscopy, colonoscopy, proctoscopy e.t.c)
- Breaking bad news common scenarios (e.g Lung cancer, mesothelioma, Miscarriage, IBD, Diabetes mellitus, Multiple sclerosis, e.t.c)
- Shared decision making scenarios ( IBS, hypertension, e.t.c)
- Telephone conversations: Common telephone scenarios from the nursing staffs
14th January 2018
Clinical examination skills part 1:
- Cardiovascular examinations
- Respiratory examinations
- Abdominal examination
- Neurological examination such as Cranial nerve examination, Upper and lower limb neurological examinations, cerebellar exam, diabetic foot e.t.c
- Ear examination
- Eye examination
- Headache examination e.t.c
15th January 2018
Clinical examination skills part 2:
Muscular skeletal examinations such as hip, knee, shoulder, hand and spine examinations.
Mental state examination such as abbreviated mental test score (AMTs) PEFR.
ECG taking and interpretation.
Arterial blood gas interpretation.
SIMMAN scenarios e.t.c
16th January 2018
- Arterial blood gas
- Intravenous cannulation
- Blood sampling
- Subcutaneous injection
- Intramuscular injection
- Drug calculations
- Cervical smear
17th January 2018
Emergency management skills:
BLS, Anaphylaxis, Seizure, Acute asthma, Hypoglycaemia, sepsis, choking e.t.c
- Telephone conversations ( peer to peer, with doctors and specialist)
- Discharge summary
- Ward round notes
- Referral over the phone
- Airway management (airway adjuncts)
- Urine dipstix
- Pregnancy test
- Capillary blood glucose
- Death certification: signs of life.
The National PA OSCE Mock tests:
Each OSCE mock tests will comprise of 14 OSCE station just like in the real exam.
The content of the PA OSCE will be just like in the real National PA OSCE exam and will be as follows:
Consultation skills: 6 stations
Examination skills: 5 stations
Procedure skills: 3 stations
Emergency management: 1 station
PA COURSE and OSCE MOCK TESTS FOR NATIONAL PA
OSCE EXAM: 24th, 25th and 26th JANUARY 2018
COURSE DATES: 13th -17th January 2018
1st mock: 19th January 2018
2nd mock: 20th January 2018
PA COURSE AND MOCK TESTS FOR NATIONAL PA OSCE EXAM MAY 2018.
Course dates: 5th-9th April 2018
April Mock test dates:
To be announced With this programme we believe that you will definitely pass this exam. This course will revise all the scenarios which have appeared in the previous National PA OSCE exams and also go through all common presentation which are likely to appear in January 2018 and future National PA OSCE exams.
How to book your course:
Booking for the course: Please send an email to: email@example.com
Venue: SamsonPLAB Academy limited, 153-159 Bow road, Bow, E3 2SE
Course fees: £700 including 2 OSCE mock tests
Course timings: Start time: 9:30am - 7pm
Lunch time: 1-2 pm
Tutor: Dr Samson.
We have very limited seats and are offered on first come and first save. Book early to avoid being left out.